Thursday, September 3, 2009

This is why you want to work in advertising.

1 Week ago today, I was finishing up my work for the day.

It had been a pretty good day. I spent most of it huddled with my art director going over background plates to generate some composite photos for a shoot on a upcoming campaign we're both excited about.

At the end of the day I poked my head into an office we use for brainstorming meetings.

A Sr. AD who sits next to me was in there looking frustrated.

"What's up?" I said.

"Nada just working on this [DELETED] pitch."

"Cool, mind if I look?"

"Nope."

For the next 15 minutes, I read the notes posted on the wall.

"Do you think if we do this..."

3 Hours later I was on the pitch team and my wife was calling me wanting to know why I was so late.

"I'm sorry sweetie. I'm makin' ads."

These are the moments you bust your butt in portfolio school for. That you sit in your cubicle and write catalogs copy for. This is what is so great about being in Advertising. The ability to get lost in your work and love every second of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment